Friday, November 21, 2014

Happiness Comes in a Juicebox



It was so adorable. A mom and her little son were eating breakfast at my local Starbucks, and she originally just got him a muffin. They were just sitting here, hanging out and eating in silence, the kid is like 4, when she slowly got up. She sneakily walked over to the open fridge display and picked up a juicebox and started to pay for it. Her son looked over and upon seeing what she was doing, he erupted into what, I swear, was the biggest, most genuine smile I have ever seen. He then proceeded to run over to her, whale pajama pants and smile in tow, and jumped up and down in excited anticipation for his juice box.

I am in awe of the joy that this mother's simple gesture brought to this boy. 

It reminds me that no matter our age, simple things can bring great happiness. I thank this little boy for that reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment